The CRC moves from talk to action through five work groups: Education, Economic Equity, Inclusive Leadership, Racial Bias, and Welcoming Communities. Bring your talents and interests and join a CRC work group.
Each CRC work group is comprised of participants who have determined the following first year goals:
- Develop a survey which would be provided to all schools in the county to assess demographics that will help determine needs.
- Provide comprehensive education and information on the county education system as it relates to funding.
- Launch Major Employers Council to implement best practices for diverse talent attraction and retention and the creation of more welcoming and inclusive workplaces.
- Launch small business development programming to create opportunities for small and diverse businesses, and to increase the amount of locally owned Minority Business Enterprises.
- Create resource guide of diversity-related resources and work available for use by others.
- Develop a training series geared to leaders, boards and school administrators addressing the understanding and challenges of biases and how to be welcoming to all. This will accompany the toolkit for organizations.
- Create and provide trainings on diversity, implicit bias, and cultural competency
- Identify and implement both short term and long-term objectives to increase diversity in the police force.
- Organize a community response network to decry acts that harm or demean others.
- Develop a campaign to promote the Confronting Racism Coalition’s work and the theme: York…Together We Are Stronger.